We ended up going to almost every animal exhibit there, except the reptile house and aviary. Fiona's favorite were the ducks (on the lake and throughout the zoo), the tigers, the kangeroos (especially the one that was jumping around a little), the manatees/fish/aquarium and the carousel. She liked looking at the fish, I think, because they were at her eye level. She wasn't sure about the carousel when we first got on, she kept trying to move around and get up, but once we started moving she had a HUGE grin, going up and down and all around. I went with her once and Carol took her a second time.
She did really, really good not getting too tired or upset about having to leave something that she enjoyed (like the carousel). I'm so glad she got that hour nap in before we got there. We pushed her around in the stroller, but she also walked around quite a bit. I had her hold my hand or sometimes Carol, and then I did end up carrying her more towards the end of the day because she didn't want to sit in the stroller (couldn't see as good), but she was getting tired (and a little slow) walking around.
These are some of my favorite pictures from the day. I still need to get the ones from Carol's camera so I might add a few more later. ETA: I now have Carol's pictures also and added/replaced a couple below.
There were bronze statues throughout the zoo of different animals. This one was across from the reptile house.
Looking at the penguins.
Looking through the bars at the monkeys swinging around on the ropes.
Looking out at the birds on the lake. There were a bunch of ducks and koi near the fence also.
Watching the kangeroo. Well, until I said "Fiona, look over here!"
They had a pelt that people could touch. It was very soft.
Holding Grandma's hand while walking around.
Mesmerized by the fish. There were also sting rays, manatees and birds with their feet in the water. I picked her up to show her the bird's body above the water and its feet below it.
More fish. The little girl on the right seemed to like Fiona and was trying to show her something.
Waiting for the carousel to start.
Waiting with Grandma Carol for round two.
She loves the carousel. :)
You can see Caitlin's face! She did great also. She would sleep for a while, then look around a while and then repeat. :)
Group shot (me, Fiona, Jennifer and Caitlin) on the tiger....cropped to remove the kid off to the side.
Fiona climbing on the polar bear.
Even at the end of the day Fiona was still going strong.


No comments:
Post a Comment