Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Party!

My work has a Children's Christmas Party every year so this year Sean, Fiona and I went for about an hour on Saturday.  When I told Fiona we were going to a party she got super excited and kept talking about it (i.e. saying "party" repeatedly). :)

Here we are getting ready to go out into the cold, but sunny, day.  Fiona wanted to bring her purse just like Mama.

We didn't get there until almost 1100 - it started at 0900 and went until 1400.  There was plenty to do and a pretty big crowd, but it was well organized and had activities for a variety of age groups (from about 2 to 10 years).  Once we got checked in, we stopped by the Ice Fishing game, where we snagged two fish in one cast.  We threw one back and kept the other to exchange for a candy cane.  We then went on to decorate a paper plate snowman (who had to be tossed since there was wet glue and no where to keep it) and a clothes pin reindeer (who is now on the side of our refrigerator).

Santa was there, but once we got within 3 steps on him Fiona clung onto me for dear life and started to tear up so we moved on.  They had more arts and crafts activities, a puppet show, snacks and Christmas movies, but by then it was after 1130 and Fiona was getting glassy-eyed and tired so we left to go home for a nap.

I  would have liked to do a little more, but I had fun and I think Fiona did too.  There's always next year.  :)

NOTE: So my work doesn't allow cameras so no pictures from the festivities.  I did take one of the reindeer and they had a couple of "officially approved" photographers so if there are any shots of Fiona in those pictures I'll post them later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment