Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 18, 2013

Kentucky

We went down to Newport, KY on Saturday to visit the Newport Aquarium, except we never actually made it into the aquarium.  We got a bit of a late start so we didn't get to Newport until 1 PM.  We were hungry when we arrived so we decided to stop at the Hofbrauhaus for lunch.  It was delicious (including the sauerkraut, which I normally don't like) and totally worth the stop.  By time we got to the aquarium it was almost 2:30 with over a 2 hour line to get in and they close at 6.  So we decided it wasn't worth the wait.  While I fed Ava, Sean and Donna looked for something else to do nearby, but only found a Coldstone and GameWorks, so we decided to just head back home.  The aquarium has a special until the end of February for free kids entry so I may go during the week one day this week or next still.  I think Fiona would really enjoy it.

Now Fiona and Ava (and Donna) can add Kentucky to the list of states that they've visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment