We finally had Fiona's "6 month" checkup, last Thursday (10/14), a few days shy of her turning 7 months old. We've been pretty busy so we had to wait a little while to get a doctor's appointment. We had the last appointment of the day, which in this case was not the best. We had to wait 30 minutes and then the visit was really short. The nurse measured and weighed her (no questions this time), which Fiona didn't like and cried through.
Weight: 16 pounds 0 ounces
Height: 26.5 inches
Head: 41.6 cm
Then the doctor came in and asked if we had any concerns (which we didn't - not major anyways). He then checked her hips, lungs, belly, ears and eyes (and she cried again!). I asked about her growth, but he didn't seemed concerned. She's in the 60th percentile for height and 33rd for weight. So she's becoming long and lean like her parents.
The nurse came and gave Fiona her shots and that was it... By then I was hungry and ready to leave myself, but looking back I wish I had asked him to check her teeth. Oh well, we can schedule a 9 month appointment, but there's no shots then or we can wait until 1 year. We'll see how she's doing in a couple months, but I wouldn't mind going in to check on her growth.


No comments:
Post a Comment