Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Short stories

We finally moved into our new house a week ago Friday (4/15) so we were without internet for a little while and very busy working, fixing things up, cleaning and unpacking.  Sean's parents have been a HUGE help.  I have some new pictures on my camera, but I don't know where my camera is right now.  I also have some that I got from Sean's mom that I added below.

Fiona's been very curious lately and is a very happy baby (in general).  Here's some of the fun / funny things she's been up to.

She's learned how to splash in the bathtub.  Some days she does it more than others.  Usually it'll mostly hit her in her face, which doesn't seem to bother her at all.  She loves bathtime.

She's learning how to stack things.  Usually it'll be when she's in her high chair.  She'll take whatever food is on her tray and try to stack it on whatever cup or dish she has available.  She also has some blocks that we'll stack together. 

Fiona loves to give high fives.  If you say "fives" she'll put up her hand for you to slap.  Or if you have yours up and say "fives", she'll reach to slap it.  She also thinks it's funny when we do exploding knuckles.

She loves to honk horns.  She has a toy with a horn that she'll honk or sometimes Sean will let her try to honk the horn in the Jeep.  That one makes her giggle.

When I get her dressed in the morning and into her PJs at night I'll usually let her walk around her room a little bit between removing one set of clothes and putting on the next.  She loves to wiggle her toes into the carpet (our new house has thick, soft carpet).  She also thinks it's fun to just be in her diaper.  She will walk around with the cutest grin on her face.

We have a mirror on our dining room floor that is eventually going up on the wall.  Fiona loves to walk up to it and watch herself.  She'll repeatedly stand up and sit down in front of it, checking out her movements.

She loves to crawl through the tunnel that Auntie Donna got her for her birthday.  If I set her down in the room with it, she'll usually make a beeline for it.  She also loves when Sean or I play "I see you" with her.  She'll sit in the middle of the tunnel and look for us at one end or the other and we'll go to the opposite end and say "hello!" or "I see you!".

The first couple of times I gave her chicken she literally reached in her mouth, pulled it out and set it on her high chair tray.  So I started to mix it with mashed potatoes or vegetables and she'd eat it that way.  The other day (yesterday or the day before) I tried giving her chopped up chicken mixed with a little oil and chopped up veggies and she ate it!

Yesterday morning at breakfast I handed her the spoon with some cereal on it (cream of wheat so it stuck to the spoon) and she put it in her mouth.  She loved it...thought it was great fun.  So we practiced some more at lunch with yogurt and a little at dinner with vegetables.  I had to guide her more with the veggies because she gets really excited and whips her arm back, which causes the veggies to fall off the spoon.

Fiona is developing a small vocabulary.  So far I've heard her say "wawa" for water, "up", "duck", "dog", "dada", "ma", and "yes".  That's all I can remember right now.  She'll babble a lot at certain times and the tone of the babbling will change.  One day Sean told her no when she was going to drop her cup over the side of the high chair, she turned, pointed and babbled at him like she was giving him some attitude!

That's probably enough stories for now.  Here's a couple of pictures.

Getting off, then on, then off, then on the rocking horse.

There must have been something interesting on TV. 

Fiona likes to turn the pages on her books or flip the flaps for books that have flaps.

Sometimes she'll hang out in the bathtub while Grandma Carol is drying her hair.  Fiona will take her little brush and run it through her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment