WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! I will be mentioning breastfeeding in this post. Bob (and others), consider yourself warned.
I went to San Diego last week for work so while I was gone Sean and Fiona stayed with his parents. I decided to use this separation as an opportunity to completely wean Fiona. Although I did nurse her the first night I got back, Friday July 15, but gave her a bottle of milk when she woke up in the middle of the night since that is what she had been getting at Grandma's. She wasn't very happy about that and stayed up for over an hour that night. The next day we decided to stop the bottle also and just do sippy cups of either milk or water. I ended up rocking her to sleep on Saturday night, but she slept 11 hours straight. I also rocked she to sleep for her nap on Sunday and almost to sleep Sunday night. The little stinker woke up when I laid her in her crib and ended up crying for about 15-20 minutes before she settled down to sleep. Sunday night she slept 12 hours straight. Monday we read a book, had a little drink of milk, sang some lullabies and got rocked, but laid down awake and didn't fuss. She went to sleep by herself and slept 10 hours straight. 10-11 hours seems to be her norm. We've been doing the same routine since then, plus a bath before the book sometimes and she's been going to sleep with zero or minimal fussing. The entire week she only woke up once in the middle of the night where she couldn't fall back to sleep on her own.
It's funny how excited I am over this. This is the most nights in a row that she's slept all the way through the night (10+ hours). I really hope this new trend continues and that I'm not jinxing it by writing about it! Yes, I can be very superstitious sometimes.


No comments:
Post a Comment