Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Oh boy, oh boy, oh girl!

We had our 20 week ultrasound on Thurs (8/23) and found out that Fiona's getting a little sister.  We were pretty certain going-in that the baby was a boy, so it was a bit unexpected, but we're very excited.  I even asked the ultrasound tech to double check, and she was very certain that the ultrasound showed a baby girl.  Now we have 20 weeks to find a name we agree on.  :)

The baby was very active with her fists and legs, but didn't want to move her head at all; it actually took the tech awhile to get all the shots she needed to do the measurements.  We could see the baby punch with her fist on the screen and right as she was punching I could feel the jab in my belly.  That was a really neat experience.  They measured the baby's arms, legs, and head and using those figured that the baby weighs about 13 ounces, which is right on track for a due date of about 6 Jan 2013, my estimated due date.

 Baby in a ball.

Baby looking straight into the "camera." 

 Baby's foot.  This one's easy, it's labeled!

Baby's profile.

Baby's profile with a fist about to punch me.

Proof she's a girl!

I also had my regular checkup the week before.  Again it was very quick, with the nurse just taking my vitals and doctor only asking if I'm having any problems or concerns (um, no) and checking the baby's heart rate (155).

I finally got a picture of my belly at 20 weeks (plus a few days).  I got a bunch for Fiona so I figure I have to get at least one or two for her little sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment