Caitlin opening her gifts...
And trying them on.
Fiona found another girl her age to play with.
I haven't taken many pictures lately, pretty much since my Mom went home again. We took pictures at the carnival and Matthew's birthday party last year, so while the experience was different I didn't think the pictures would be so different.
We went to the carnival on the evening that it opened, after dinner, and stayed until almost 9, at which point it was getting dark, and cold, and bedtime. I really didn't want to leave; Fiona and I were having lots of fun. She went with me on the Ferris wheel and Scrambler this year. She like them both, but got frustrated that the centrifugal force on the Scrambler kept turning her sideways in the seat. She met the height requirement, doesn't really have the girth or weight to stay in place yet. We also went on the carousel 3 times (sitting on the same horse each time) and the spinning dog ride a bunch of times (where Fiona picked which color dog her wanted each time). Plus Fiona went on all the little kid rides alone, but only once. I think she liked having someone to ride with. I know I do. Sean stayed with Ava while we were on the rides, except when Ava needed to eat, then Fiona went on the kiddie rides alone.
Matthew's birthday party was at the Magic Castle again. Fiona went in the slide area, but there were a bunch of older kids just running everyone over (mean kids as Fiona called them) so Sean and I took turns going in there also. Plus Matthew found her and helped her, which she really liked. Matthew also requested to sit next to Fiona while the kids were eating lunch. It was cute. Since that party Fiona has added green to her list of favorite colors (along with pink, purple and turquoise), which coincidentally is Matthew's favorite color.
Ava is much more interactive; she laughs with us, stares at her hands and toys, uses her Jumperoo, tries to roll over (unsuccessfully so far), scooches in circles (especially in her crib), and likes to pull on hanging toys and hair. Fiona is really good at making Ava laugh. Ava (for whatever reason) thinks it's funny to get hit (lightly) with balloons and pillows by Fiona, and she'll just smile and laugh when Fiona plays with her. It's great that I can leave them both in the next room and hear laughter.
We had to get a picture before she got too big to wear this anymore.
Fiona telling us a story, using her hands to talk.
Jumperooing is serious business.
In action!
Ava was very intent on reaching and playing with the toy.


No comments:
Post a Comment