Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Fun

This past weekend we didn't do any house projects, minimal cleaning, and just had fun as a family.  After our delicious breakfast on Saturday we headed out to catch the end of the Yellow Springs Farmers Market.  I don't know if it's because we got there late or if it's always like that, but they didn't have much selection for produce, just a couple of stands with different lettuces.  It was mostly plants, a couple of stands with meat, some canned goods and flowers.  Then we headed over to the Greene County Airport for the Aero Club's Open House.  It was a little breezy and cloudy, with some sprinkles, but Fiona and I went up for a ride in one of the Piper aircraft while Sean hung out with Ava in the hanger.  She was super excited to go.  We put her carseat in the back of the plane so she could sit up higher and be buckled in correctly, and I sat next to her.  Mike, our pilot, sat alone in front.  It was a nice ride, a little warm, but not too bumpy.  Fiona was talking, but I couldn't really hear her with my headset on (which she pointed out when we got on the ground).  She was looking out the window and really quiet with a glazed look in her eye.  Between the warm air and it being naptime she couldn't stay awake for the entire 20 minute flight.  Just after we landed Chris, Jennifer and Caitlin showed up.  They had a lot of fun watching the airplanes take off and land, climbing in and out of carseats, playing with Baby Ava, and jumping and dancing around.

Pre-flight and she's ready to go. 

Just a little drizzle on the ground.  It didn't last long. 

 Now we're both ready.

I could spot the Kroger, but not our house.

There goes another plane (blocked by Uncle Chris).

They're ready to take the show on the road.

Sunday we went to Cincinnati to hang out with our friend Joe.  Fiona really likes seeing him; he acts like an uncle with her.  We grabbed some lunch from Kroger [I think this is the most I've mentioned Kroger in any post] and then headed to Ault Park for a nice picnic.  The weather was perfect - mid 70's, mostly sunny and breezy.  It was a gorgeous park with well kept grass, lots of beautiful flowers, a cool spitting fountain (that's what Fiona called it), and a lookout area.  Fiona brought her new pink, pokey ball to play with and then Sean, Joe and Fiona explored the observation area while Ava and I relaxed in the shade.  After the park we went to a fundraiser at Madtree Brewing for awhile, where Ava slept some more in her carrier while Fiona examined every rock in the parking lot, and then had dinner at Eli's BBQ.  There was a bit of a wait, but the food was awesome.  Both Fiona and Ava fell asleep on the way home and even stayed asleep for the night after we got home.



Feasting on berries and watermelon.

Fiona's getting really good at kicking the ball.


Joe teaching Fiona some new tricks.  I didn't realize the breeze was so strong when I took the video.  You can't really hear Fiona very well.

Off to explore.


Enjoying the gorgeous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment