Me: "Why are you crying?"
Fiona: "I'm not crying, I'm whining." Glad she knows the difference!
She tells me that she's going to be an artist when she grows up, and I'm going to be a girl who watches birds. This is after I told her how I had considered becoming an ornithologist (someone that studies birds) when I was in high school.
Maybe I should write them down as they happen because I know there were more, but now I can't remember them.
Cute things that the girls have done lately:
Ava hugged the bunny puppet, to include patting him on the back. She also loves to look at her books and to be read to.
They've been playing catch and tag together. Basically Fiona chases Ava and they both laugh.
Fiona went for a run with me on the driveway. Before we went, I told her she had to put pants on since she was in her dress. She comes downstairs in the "perfect outfit" for running - another dress with pants underneath and a tiara! While we were running, she'd say "On your mark, get set, go!" and then wave her arm. She wanted to race and had to be first each time. She'd run ahead and yell "Fiona take's the lead!"
Posing with an ant (can't you see it?)
We must have ran up and down the driveway at least a dozen times and she still wanted to do more.
And some fun things we've done:
Sean and Fiona have started to pick mulberries again and we found some baby robins in our front magnolia tree. We've also been playing outside quite a bit - in the sandbox, at the playground, and with balls in the yard.
We've been going to the local farmer's market on Saturdays. Fiona likes the little path that goes from the parking lot of the grocery store to where the sellers' tents are set up. She also likes that we usually get some little treat while we're there too.
We went to the mall to go to a prince/princess event where they had a juggler. Fiona liked the juggler, Ava LOVED the Chick-Fil-A cow that was there. She kept wandering over and giving it big hugs.
We went to two different nature hikes through the MetroParks Conservation Kids program, an owl hike at night and a bee hike on a rainy day. We didn't see any owls or bees, but we did have a fun hike each time and learned more about nature. Fiona even picked a flower on the bee hike, right after the girl leading the program had talked about how it's better not to pick flowers...but we brought it home and put it in water so it lived for a little while longer.






No comments:
Post a Comment