After almost 5 years the blog posts are slowing down, but our family is still going strong albeit it with fewer pictures and online updates. Over the past month or so, we went to a couple of local festivals, played on the playground a bunch, played and visited with Cousin Caitlin, Ava and I got sick with a nasty summer cold, I worked a little more than usual, Fiona resumed gymnastics, and we visited the County Fair.
We went to the Celtic Festival this year on Friday evening. The weather, food and music were awesome. Fiona and I took a short walk down by the river and back up the stairs while Sean visited with a friend.
The next day we met Jennifer and Caitlin at the splash pad and playground. It took a while, but towards the end Fiona was running in the splash pad area by herself (without wanting/needing an adult with her).
We went to the County Fair on family night so we got a good deal on the rides. Fiona loved them, running from one to the next, Ava wanted nothing to do with any of them (including the carousel, which she loved before, although she probably was still a little sick too) and I had an awful head-cold that got worse the next day. It was still fun though and worth it to spend the time with family.
Fiona started Saturday gymnastics in August, since Tuesday didn't work out, so she has a different coach now, who's really good with the girls. I think we'll go back to Tuesday again in the fall.
We went to the gymnastics open house this past Saturday where Ava got to play on the equipment also. She loved the pit of blocks and the trampoline. She even "jumped" (more stepped) into the big pit with Fiona.
Last week we checked out a nature play area near us that opened a few months ago. It was a beautiful morning with no bugs and a slight breeze. Fiona tried almost everything. A lot of the things Ava couldn't get on, but she tried what she could and I helped with a few things. They both loved the little house.
We've been going to the playground by our house pretty frequently too. Fiona has officially learned to pump her legs to swing herself!
The girls and I went to the Sweet Corn Festival today, with Grama, Papa, Auntie Jennifer and Caitlin. Fiona got a pony ride, plus two times on the bounce slides. We also had some sweet corn and kettle corn, looked at the booths, and enjoyed the pleasant weather.
Fun at home. Ava now can make the stacker toy into the little balls all by herself.
























No comments:
Post a Comment