Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 7, 2015

The rest of June

In keeping with the trend for 2015, I'm a month or so behind and will lump most of June into a single post, except for Father's Day which I somehow managed to post the next day. We started out the month by going strawberry picking with Grama, Auntie Jennifer and Caitlin on June 5th. We also picked Grandma Rose up from the airport that day and she stayed with us for the next two weeks until the 20th.

Fiona did a really good job picking; Ava did a really good job tasting. 


The next day (the 6th) we drove out past Jackson to visit my coworker's (and bowling teammate's) ranch. Another friend of ours was there as well with their two boys so Fiona especially had fun playing with them, along with all the other kids. The girls looked at the cattle, explored the pond, played with bubbles and water balloons, and Fiona even got a 4-wheeler ride. Another one of my coworkers (and also a bowling teammate) brought his drone so I thought that was cool to see.

Playing before we left.

Fiona playing with Micheal.

Exploring the pond.

Looking at the cattle.

At the top of the hill.


Ava really liked the bubble blowers.

I helped them at first...to include getting sprayed when the balloon slipped off the hose.


There was an older girl that spent at least an hour helping the younger ones. She made them stand in line and take turns, and they all listened to her really good.

Just before we left Fiona got a 4-wheeler ride.

I had my annual tour while Mom was here (from 8-19 June) so she and the girls had fun around the house and the neighborhood during the week for those two weeks.


They did gymnastics in the living room for Grandma.


Fiona made her first scrapbook page. She did the placement all herself.







They made lots of different art projects - painting, coloring, drawing, gluing, play doh.









They played in the house. They both played with the magnet toys, had a few beach parties, and took train rides. Fiona did her digging project and Ava read her Minnie Mouse books (among other things).







They played in the yard - and the giant box that Daddy brought home from work.




They also played at the playground. Fiona actually touched her toe to the tree while swinging, which I didn't think was possible. They have since cut down that tree, so good thing she did it while it was still there.

On Sunday, the 14th, we went to a Native American celebration at Fort Ancient. They had a lot of tribal dances, including a Veteran's dance that Fiona talked me into joining (she went with me). They also had different displays set up and lots of vendors, 











We took Mom back to the airport on the 20th and celebrated Father's Day early with Sean's dad since Sean left for his very first work trip on Father's Day. I had the girls solo from Sunday until Thursday, when I left to meet Sean in New Orleans for a conference over the weekend. Except of course that Carol still watched them while I was at work. On Tuesday afternoon (after Ava's nap) we met Grama, Auntie Jennifer and Caitlin at the bowling ally for 2 free games of bowling. By time we got home we were all pretty hungry and I had to use the bathroom so I went in ahead, only to hear Ava crying in the garage because her finger was in the door between the sliding door and the passenger door. At first I thought it had got caught in the sliding door, but fortunately that wasn't the case. It was in the small gap between the two doors so nothing was broken or even bruised, but her knuckles were a little scratched and it was amplified by her being hungry. I thought I'd have to take her to the ER at first; I'm so glad that wasn't the case.

The trip to New Orleans was fun, but in hindsight I wish we had stayed an extra day. I got there late Thursday and we stayed right across from the Superdome the first night. The conference was in another hotel in the French Quarter, but we opted to keep our cheaper parking so we walked down there on Friday, stopping for a delicious brunch at the Ruby Slipper. All of Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning were spent at the conference, and then we left Sunday at lunchtime. We did get to see Bourbon Street, the French Quarter and Jefferson Square on Friday and Saturday evening, and I went for a run along the river on Saturday morning, but it would have been fun to see a bit more. I guess this gives us an excuse to go back someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment