How your baby's growing:
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.I also found another fun calendar that shows your baby's growth in terms of fruits and vegetables and it says that the baby is about as big as a sweet potato this week. I like both, so either one is fine with me. :)

18 weeks
You can't see it in the pictures, but my belly button is starting to disappear, which is kinda weird.
I have started to feel some movements, but they're very light and inconsistent. I mostly feel them after I drink or eat something sweet. They usually make me giggle. I'm guessing that as the baby gets bigger and keeps kicking, I won't be giggling so much...
I have started to feel some movements, but they're very light and inconsistent. I mostly feel them after I drink or eat something sweet. They usually make me giggle. I'm guessing that as the baby gets bigger and keeps kicking, I won't be giggling so much...


2 comments:
These are the cutest belly pics EVER. I didn't even know you had a baby blog - how awesome and exciting. Little sweet potato :) I am up to a crenshaw melon. I have no idea what that is, but 2 are big! Can't wait to find out what you are having!!!
Lori you are adorable! I can't believe that tiny little bump is an 18-week'r!! I am so excited for you & Sean :)
- Meaghan
Post a Comment