Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Situation Normal

We had our big 20 week ultrasound yesterday where they check out the baby's anatomy to make sure everything is growing the way it should be. We had the same tech as last time (Julie), but it took a lot longer this time. She measured the baby's brain, abdomen, thigh bone, heart, that's all I can remember now. She also checked out the kidneys, bladder, and arms. We also saw the baby's mouth open and close. Some quick stats are:

Weight: 11 oz
Heartrate: 146 bpm

Everything looked normal, which is reassuring and great to hear. They have the 3D ultrasound so she took a couple of pictures with that and put them on a CD for us. The baby was tucked up by the placenta and half hidden, but we still got a couple of really good pictures.

Since babies don't have fat yet at 20 weeks, the face looks a little hollow (but still very cute!). This is the best shot we got of the baby's face.

I love this picture. I think it's adorable that the baby's had it's legs crossed. Looks so dainty.


These 2 pictures show the baby's arms and hands up by it's face. You can see all it's fingers and it's elbows (only in first picture).















The doctor also listened to the baby's heartbeat so Sean got to hear it since he was there this time (and I didn't giggle!).

This will probably be the last ultrasound unless there's something special they need to look at. My next appt is in 4 weeks and it's just a regular quick check up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't figure out what's what in these pictures!

Lori said...

Yeah, it's a little tough until you know what you're looking at...I can show you in Dec if you want.

Post a Comment