It's not just a Sandra Bullock movie, but also the number of days 'til the baby's due. And even more exciting is 18 days...the maximum number of days that I'll be at work.
My coworkers took Sean and me out to a baby lunch today. I got to pick the place and chose the Morgan Street Brewery, which got a couple of comments, but they have good food and fast service. I had a delicious hot ham sandwich complete with melted cheese and carmelized onions. They also got the baby some really nice gifts, including a cute little Jeep onesie and the world's softest teddy bear. I'm really lucky to work with such caring, generous people.
Then after work I went for my weekly doctor's appointment. They also did my Strep B test today. They're still a doctor short so I had to wait about 45 minutes because 1 doc was in L&D and the other was covering all the scheduled patients. Everything's still looking good. I asked the doc if he could tell how big the baby is and he said not exactly, but that I'm not measuring big so he estimated that the baby will be less than 8 pounds. Sounds like a good size to me...too real big, but not real tiny. Since we had the childbirth class last Saturday I asked him about how they use pitocin (synthetic version of the natural hormone that causes contractions) and I think I worded in such a way that offended him. I said that I didn't want to use it and I think he took that to mean that I didn't trust his judgment as a doctor. I understand that there are cases where it's needed. I meant that I don't want any medications that aren't needed; that I'd like to try non-drug options first if available. Anyways he seemed a little defensive in his answer. Hopefully I either over reacted to his response (could be very likely with all the pregnancy hormones) or he's over it by time the baby comes.
I need to stop thinking about all the stuff that might go wrong...it's just getting me freaked out. So far everything has been very straightforward and uncomplicated so there's no reason that labor and delivery won't be the same way.


No comments:
Post a Comment