Over the past week or two we've done a lot to get the house ready for the baby. The crib has been set up for awhile, but now we've got a dresser and a toy box; we also hung up the wall hangings I made. Plus almost all of the clothes, sheets, blankets and other fabric items have been washed and put away. We needed to get rid of or move some stuff, but now the closet is organized. I also reorganized a closet in another room to fit some of the displaced items.
This is standing in the doorway of the baby's room. We had the twin bed in there already and decided just to keep it there. It's nice for guests or for me to take a nap. :)
This is the half of the room with the crib and glider. We'll remove all the blankets and stuffed animals from the crib once the baby starts sleeping in it. The quilt on the front of the crib was made by my SIL's mom and grandma. I made the small one over the back of the crib. The blanket on the back of the glider was made by my MIL. We also plan to hang a picture frame over the glider/table area.
This is facing the doorway. We decided just to get a regular dresser so the baby can keep using it as she/he gets older. There's a changing pad on top - complete with a strap to hold the baby down. :) We plan to hang up a shelve above the dresser and the baby's name in letters above the toy box on the side wall.
This is the half of the room with the twin bed. The shelve and frame are on the bed for now as is the car seat. I made the blanket at the foot of the bed.
We set up the pack 'n play and a swing in our room so the baby can sleep near us for the first few weeks. The pack 'n play has a bassinet. I might move the glider in here also until the baby starts sleeping in the crib. It'll be nice to have the baby so close for the middle of the night feedings.In other baby news, the hiccups still continue (multiple times) daily. So much that I've lost track and it's become annoying. There's nothing I can really do about it and I've read that it is good for the baby's lung development.
The baby is also moving around a lot still, but I can tell that space is becoming limited. I also notice it mostly at night or when I'm sitting still, rather than when I'm moving around. Now I feel more stretching and turning (like an elbow or foot running across my belly or into my ribs) and not so much actual kicks or punches. There are definitely 2 or 3 spots that receive the most abuse from the baby. I'm guessing it's related to how the baby's positioned.


No comments:
Post a Comment