Her doctor's appointment was at 11:15 and I'm really happy with how well it worked feeding her before and after. She ate at 9 at home and then fell asleep again shortly after that. She was still asleep at 10:50 when we left to go to the doctor's. She woke up when we were in the waiting room. We met with the nurse first and she weighed and measured Fiona and then went through a bunch of questions with us. She also took Fiona's temp and checked her pulse.
How often does she eat? 2-3 hours during day, 4-6 at night
Any medical problems? No
Can she follow an object with her eyes? Yes
Does she respond to sounds? Yes
Does she respond to your face? Yes (and sometimes she'll smile back at us!)
Can she hold her head up? Yes
Weight: 11 lbs 12 oz
Length: 22.5 inches
Head: 38 cm (I think)
While the nurse was going through the questions Fiona started grunting, let out a couple of big farts and filled up her pants so we changed her before the doctor came in. Sean and I couldn't help laughing.
The doctor went through a couple of the same questions (eating, sleeping, problems) and then checked her eyes, ears, mouth, pulse, heart, lungs, hips, and belly. She's a very healthy, chunky baby. He said we can start introducing rice cereal between 3 and 4 months. We can mix it with either milk or some fruit juices if she won't eat it plain.
By time the doctor was done she was getting hungry, but she still needed her shots so we kept her entertained until the nurse came back. The nurse was great; she had everything ready to go and bam, bam, bam got all 3 shots done within about 5 seconds. And it was at this point that Fiona screamed that loudest that I have EVER heard her scream. I tried for about 3 seconds to calm her by rocking and bouncing (didn't work), but once I fed her she was better. They let us stay in the room until she was done eating. So now she goes back again at 4 months for another checkup and another round of vaccinations.
They said she might be a little out of sorts today because of the shots and might run a low grade fever, but so far she's been okay. She also might have redness and a small knot in her right leg from the tetanus shot.
I got a couple of 2 month pictures of her this afternoon.
In her bouncy chair (a good comparison to previous pictures)
More smiles
Smiling with Mommy (my hand was over the flash)
Snuggling with Mommy (yesterday - 5/17/10)


3 comments:
she is sooooooo smiley!!! sooooo cute!!
She looks so big in this picture.. Slow down little girl LOL.....
What pretty smiles! I can't believe how big she is already! I can't wait to see her again, hopefully next month!
Post a Comment