Yesterday was Fiona's 4 month check up and shots. She's actually about 4.5 months, but we've been out of town and busy.
She was sleeping when we got to the doctor's office so we had to wake her up to get her clothes off. She did good while I was holding her, but once the doctor picked her up she went downhill. She was OK at first, but then her lower lip started to pout and quiver; next thing she's crying in the doctor's arms. So he did a quick check of her arms and legs, her lungs, ears, mouth and eyes. Everything looked/sounded OK.
Before we met with the doctor, the nurse had weighed and measured Fiona.
Weight: 14 lbs 1 ounce
Height: 24.5 inches
Head: 40.2 cm
She's in the 50th percentile for both height and weight.
The nurse also asked us a bunch of questions again.
Can she grab objects? Yes
Can she roll over? Yes
Does she squeal? Huh, I guess
Does she recognize you and your voice? Yes
Those are the only ones I can remember.
The doctor said we can start solids whenever. First veggies and fruits and then meats in a month or two. We still haven't really given her cereal, but we can start mixing fruit juice with that now so maybe in the next week or two we'll try again.
The visit was concluded with another round of vaccinations. She got 3 shots again, she cried again, I nursed her again and then we went home and she was fine.


No comments:
Post a Comment