Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Fiona!


We celebrated Fiona's first birthday Friday evening (on her actual birthday).  I took the afternoon off of work also so I got to spend a little extra with her, which was nice especially since I had to be gone Sun through Wed for work.  My mom and sister flew in Thursday evening to visit and join in the celebration.  Chris and Jen came over on Friday also so we had a full house for dinner (salmon, mashed potatoes and corn for us, mashed potatoes, a green veggie and some fruit for Fiona).  With all my most regular (known) readers here, I've been a little slow in posting.

Donna made this crown for her.  She wouldn't keep it on, but loved chewing on it.

After dinner we opened gifts, and by we opened gifts, I mean I tore the paper off the gifts and Fiona played with the paper and boxes, much like Christmas :)  She got some pretty cool gifts...including a fun tunnel, a noisy book and a dog that knows her name. 


Then we stripped her down to her diaper and put her into her high chair.  Before cake, we had set up a buck, a book and a bottle of booze on the tray for her to choose.  She picked the buck (so she'll be financially successful)!  Once that was gone she went for the booze (a partier) and then finally the book (an intellectual).  It's a fun little game that someone (Sean maybe) heard of.


Finally after that, we lit the candle on her cake - I made a small cake for her and a big one for the rest of us - and sang "Happy Birthday".  I blew out the candle (fire and babies don't mix) and then she just kind of stared at the cake.  It had a blueberry smiley face on it so she started to grab the blueberries and eat them, but still wasn't interested in the (chocolate!) cake.  Sean and I tried to demonstrate to her that she could eat it, but still nothing.  Finally after all the blueberries were eaten or dropped, she started to grab at the cake and smash it.  She ate probably about 2 bites of the entire little cake...oh well, I am certain that next year she will have more interest in it.  Below is a few pictures showing the progression of the cake "eating".  The girl is so funny, she'll put random items from the floor in her mouth without a second thought, but she's not sure about a chocolate cake!





 
 


After a quick bath, it was time for bed.  She went to sleep around 9:25 PM Eastern so she didn't quite make until her actual time of birth (8:35 PM Central).

No comments:

Post a Comment