Before Christmas I was playing the traditional holiday station on Sirius in the van and Elvis came on singing Silent Night so I told Fiona that it was Elvis singing. Then I told her Elvis is the king (meaning the King of Rock and Roll). For whatever reason she picked up on that right away and since then has told us numerous times that "Elvis is king." She thinks it's hilarious.
We've been teaching Fiona "thank you" and "you're welcome." Usually she'll say them both back to back, so when someone helps her with something or tells her "bless you", she'll tell them "thank you, a welcome." Or if we tell her thank you, she'll respond "a welcome", even the thank you is sarcastic, like the other day when she was being boisterous and loud at 6 AM. Sean told her "thanks to you, Mommy and Daddy aren't getting any more sleep" so she responded "a welcome!"
Fiona has wanted to say things in threes lately. She will find colors for different objects and match them. So she'll see a green shirt and green bowl and say "green, green, green." Even if there's only one object she'll sometimes repeat the word three times.
She likes to pick out not only her clothes, but most times the color of her plate and bowl, unless of course the one she wants is dirty. I have four plates and bowls for her, one pink, one blue, one green and one with an airplane, so before breakfast and dinner I'll ask her which one she wants. Sometimes it's hard to decide, she doesn't usually pick the same one repeatedly.
When we come home from work she'll tell us about her day and now I can really understand at least half of what she's saying. Like today she told me that she had been downstairs and Grandma Rose had been downstairs. She still gets really excited to see us after work.


No comments:
Post a Comment