Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 27, 2012

Grünes Ei mit Speck


Uncle Chris got Fiona a Dr. Seuss book from Germany while he was working over there a few months ago (Grünes Ei mit Speck Das Allerbeste von Dr. Seuss).  It has three different Dr. Seuss books in it: Green Eggs and Ham, There's a Wocket in my Pocket, and Onefish, Twofish, Redfish, Bluefish.  We put it with Fiona's books in her room and every once in awhile she'll ask to read it so I'll stumble through it with my three years of high school German abilities.  Although I never have made it past the first couple pages of Onefish, Twofish, Redfish, Bluefish.  Recently, she'll first ask to read Green Eggs and Ham "in English" and then for her second book she'll pick Green Eggs and Ham "in German."  I don't know how much of the poorly pronounced German she's picking up, but she did recognize that bock means goat so that's kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment