Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 23, 2012

No pictures available

A lot of the cute, and sometimes not-so-cute, things that Fiona does or says don't get recorded with a video or picture, so I thought I'd mention a couple that I can pull up 10-15 years from now when I need some stories to bore entertain her with.

Fiona has her own unique sense of humor.  For example, about a week ago we were watching Curious George and there was a little girl on the show that called the Man with the Yellow Hat Mr. Yellowpants.  Fiona thought that was so funny and for the last week will randomly say "Mr. Yellowpants" and start laughing.

She also is usually very sweet.  She'll tell us "I love you Mommy" and "I love you Daddy" without us prompting her (sometimes) or in response to us saying "I love you."  She also loves many other objects, like rugs, lamps, tables, teddy bears, etc.  She'll laugh as she says those, like it's a joke.  She also like to give hugs and kisses, especially when we're leaving for work or talking on the phone.

Fiona can verbalize her emotions, although she's better at the positive ones than the negative ones.  We went to the playground one day last week, after we hadn't been there for awhile, and as we were walking there she said in her happy sing-song voice "I so happy! I love playground!"  When she gets frustrated or upset because things aren't going her way she'll say "I stomp!" or "I throw!" to match whatever action she's doing.  That one's not so cute.

Fiona is getting comfortable playing with other kids without Mommy or Daddy (or another adult) being involved.  A week or so ago we were at a friend's house for dinner and Fiona and their son (who's 4) were outside playing together in the backyard for at least 20 minutes.  The only reason they came in is because we made them when we heard thunder and saw stormclouds.  Sean was out there for a few minutes with them.  He reported their conversation to be "I like green.", "I like blue.", "Do you like green?", "Uh-huh.", etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment