We had Fiona's 4 year well child visit today, followed by a trip to a local baby/kid's store and a local cupcake shop.
The nurse and doctor asked a bunch of questions, some that Fiona answered and some I answered. At one point the doctor misunderstood Fiona thinking she said "Grama Carol died" when she really said "Grama Carol does." I quickly corrected that one. Nothing out of the ordinary for the visit. She's right on track for her development (lots of play, books, exercise, some friends, a variety of foods, a good amount of sleep, no major behavior issues) and is very healthy. They took her blood pressure using the cuff for the first time, and I found out that the thing they use to look in your ears is called an otoscope (I asked because we have a play one and I've been calling it the ear thing). She weighs 32.0 pounds, putting her in the lower end (24th) of the weight percentiles (as usual), and she's now 41.5 inches tall (taller than I thought), putting her in the upper half (~80th) of the height percentiles (whereas last year she was right around 50%). I knew she'd grown since most of her pants had turned into flood pants, but I still didn't think she was that tall. She's getting more and more like me. :)
ETA: When I measured Fiona at home again, she measured 40.5 inches, which is more like what I expected, so I think the nurse may have misread the ruler.


No comments:
Post a Comment