Sunday, April 6, after a quick breakfast at McDonald's again we hit the road pretty early to start the drive to Limon. We stopped somewhere completely forgettable for lunch and at Montana Mike's in Colby, KS for dinner. I was very happy to see that Kansas raised their speed limit to 75 on the highway so we made a little better time and got in at a fairly decent hour. We also noticed that Colorado replaced their 420 milemarker with a 419.99 marker.
Monday, Sean's birthday, after breakfast in the hotel, we left pretty early and got to Denver mid-morning. Luckily we were able to check in, however our room was recently renovated and the new carpet smell was very strong, enough to give Sean a headache. I could notice it too. We went to the
commissary to get supplies so we could have lunch in the room. The smell still wasn't any better so we got a
different room. While Sean slept his headache away, the girls and I used the pool and investigated the hotel. Then we had steak, rice and veggies for dinner in the room as a birthday dinner. And we had a bit earlier bedtime, which everyone needed.
Tues I had to work, but Sean and the girls got to tour the New Belgium Brewing Co. in Fort Collins. They had
a slide that Fiona really liked and a bunch of samples for Sean to try. Both girls were angels for him.
They got back right as I did from work. We went to a local Italian place, Di Cicco's. It was made to look like an opera house on the
inside. The food was good, but the portions were big; we ended up splitting an entree and Fiona got a kids pizza that looked like an adult size.
The fifth (or so) attempt to get both girls to stay still and look at the camera.
Di Cicco's had three floors and a stage.
Wed I worked again so Sean and the
girls were planning to do the U.S. Mint tour, but policy of no strollers, etc. ruined that
plan. Instead they ended up driving up to Boulder where they found a
playground as the base of a mountain and then came back to the hotel for a nap.
After I got back from work and the girls were up, we went to meet his
friend, Mitra, and her daughter for dinner at Wynkoop Brewing downtown. The
service was super slow and the food was just OK; I'd never go back (or
recommend it), but it wasn't horrible.
Thurs was my last day of work. Sean packed up the girls
and then went to a nearby playground, where I joined them after work (at about noon).
We then hit the road to drive to Grand Junction. I didn't feel good so when we got
there and after we were in the room, Sean and Fiona went to IHOP while I rested with Ava in the room.





No comments:
Post a Comment