Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2014

Other Happenings

Right before we went on vacation we had Ava's 1.5 year check-up.  As of 8/29/2014 she weighs 26 lb, 3 oz and is 34.5 inches tall.  She is also starting to say more words (uh-huh, mouth, eyes, bump, ball, etc.) and her own version of phrases (i hungee means "I want that").  She knows lots of different body parts (eyes, feet, hands, ears, etc.), still loves shoes, doesn't really like meat (except fish and ham), likes potatoes, rice, fruit and most veggies, and has a strong independent streak.  She likes to hug and cuddle, but usually likes short hugs, which is the opposite of Fiona (she likes long hugs) so it's interesting sometimes to watch them interact.  They play together more and Fiona is still the best at getting Ava to laugh.  They are pretty good at working out their differences and Ava doesn't back down from Fiona unless she wants to.

Fiona loves Wild Kratts and is learning all about different animals by watching it.  She'll tell me random animal facts and then say "Is that right, Mama?" to which I sometimes have to say "I don't know; if you say so."  She really likes to say "Is that right, Mama?" just like Ava loves to say "I hungee."  She's still learning how some words have multiple meanings, like wait and weight.  I was explaining to her that Ava's doll's eyes closed when she laid down because they're weighted and Fiona asked what they were waiting for...made me (and others) smile.  Fiona also recently informed me that her favorite shape is the maple leaf, and that Ava's is a heart.

Between going on vacation and then my traveling for work we've been very busy the last month or so, but things are slowing down again now.  We visited with some friends from MI two weeks ago (I have pics, but can't find the card they were saved on so I'll have to add those later) and went to the playground last Tues with some local friends.  No big plans in the immediate future...maybe we'll do an art project tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment