Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2015

Most of May

Here's a partial recap of our May. I actually made separate posts for a couple of things to keep this from getting too long.

We started out the month by getting Grama sick so I stayed home with the girls an extra day (5/6) and Sean did as well (5/7). Sean worked from home on his day, but I can't really do that so we went to the Russ Nature Preserve in the morning to play on the wood structures. Then in the evening we went to the carnival, which we had been planning to do anyways. Both girls went on all the kiddie rides and on the Ferris Wheel with me. The Ferris Wheel was actually out of order for most of the time we were there, so Fiona and I tried another ride nearby, but it went upside down and was a little too fast for her. Luckily we were the only ones on so I yelled for them to let us out early, which they very nicely did.





Caitlin came over to visit on the 8th so the girls got to play together and then we had family pictures taken in the evening.

Not sure what this face is...maybe she was massaging her lips after all that smiling. :)

Fiona had her gymnastics recital that Sat and then we left for a combined work trip and vacation to Washington DC area on Sunday. I worked Mon-Wed while Sean and the girls explored and then we all spent Thurs-Sat as tourists, along with Sean's parents who flew out on Thurs, and then drove back Sunday.

We were supposed to have Fiona's kindergarten assessment on the Tues after we got back from our trip, so I took the girls to Shoup Park in the morning and packed a lunch so we could go to the school afterwards, but I got a call about 25 minutes before our appointment cancelling her evaluation due to a "situation" at the school, so now we need to go sometime in early August. There was another mom there with her girl that got the same phone call. We both thought it was odd, but neither of us knew the real story. And now since it's taken me month to write this post, I did find out the story. A first grader drew a threatening picture of his teacher (him stabbing her) and also got a friend to bring a knife into school for him. The friend (being 7 and not thinking about stabbing anyone) brought a butter knife. Apparently the first kid had emotional issues, but the mom I talked to said they both got expelled. I can see why the secretary didn't want to tell me...

By Thursday I was finally getting caught up from being gone (laundry, groceries, etc.) so then Ava jumped off something and hurt her foot bad enough that we thought she might have broken it. It still looked swollen Friday morning and she didn't want to walk on it so I made an appointment for the doctor in the afternoon. I ended up having to wake her up from her nap to go there, so it had been several hours since I had seen her limp on it. When we got to the doctor's he had over an hour delay/wait so we were sitting in the waiting room and the girls were playing with the toys when I see Ava climb on the little chair (using her hurt foot) and walk on both feet without really limping, so we decided to go home and just keep an eye on it. By Saturday she seemed back to normal. So we had a little adventure.

We didn't do much of anything for Memorial Day weekend. Fiona played in the sprinkler a couple of times while Ava was napping and I was gardening, and we had a campfire a couple of nights.

On the 29th we went to the magic show at the mall and then Caitlin had a sleepover that night. On Saturday evening we had a minor storm that blew some branches down so it cooled down quite a bit. On Sunday then we had another campfire to use up most of the fallen branches.

Playing Mario Brothers before Caitlin came over. Fiona's getting better; she can pass the first level by herself now. It's funny to watch because she'll lift her leg in the air when she wants Mario to jump.



Playing dead (because it's fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment