We headed up to Minnesota for Thanksgiving this year, with a stop in Ohio and Chicago. We spent 4 days in Ohio (from Sat through Tues), Tuesday night in Chicago and then onto Minnesota on Wednesday. We hit some snow the last couple hours, but nothing as bad as last Christmas. We got in around dinnertime and just spent the night relaxing.
Thursday was a low-key Thanksgiving. It was Mom, Donna, Matt, Sean, Fiona and me for dinner and then Leo came over a little later. We watched some TV (no football this year), looked at the ads and made shopping lists for Friday. Fiona played a bunch and tried to point out items in the ads that looked interesting.
Hanging out with bearded Uncle Leo
Fiona checking out the Black Friday deals & I'm no fun taking the ads away
Playing with Auntie Donna
Fiona playing by herself
Fiona’s first taste of mashed potatoes and turkey with Donna as a high chair. It was hard to eat off the spoon, but she took some in her hand and fed it to herself. She even tore an already small piece of turkey into smaller chunks.
Fiona with her Grandma
Donna and I went shopping Friday morning; we left around 4:15 and were back by 7:30. And then I went out with my friends for breakfast at 8:30 so Fiona got to spend some time with Daddy and Grandma. The rest of the day was low key since Donna and I had to recover from our early wake up time.
Waving "hi" to the camera
Smiley girl
Crawling on Grandma’s floor...the distance that she crawls at one time keeps increasing. She also liked tapping her hands on the linoleum. I think she liked the noise it made.
My mom invited a bunch of family (aunts, cousins, etc) over on Saturday so Fiona got to meet more family. She was OK as long as Sean or I were nearby or holding her, but she didn't like new people holding her. Also, Leo shaved his beard and cut his hair on Friday, so when we saw him on Saturday he looked a lot different. Fiona did a double take when she saw him. It was hard to tell if she recognized him or not.
Fiona with cousin Mary...not happy to be with somebody new.
Squirming in Mommy's arms
Kisses from Joyce...again not sure about new people.
Thinking about going after the salad dressing...and a nice shot of me going for the sweet bread
Fiona and auntie Donna after all the guests left
We drove back home on Sunday, getting back in the early evening, just in time for me to unpack and then repack again so I could go to Boston on Monday and Tuesday. Now I'm back home for the entire month of December!


No comments:
Post a Comment