Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Arms Up!

There's a video Fiona watches as well as a book that we read together that shows kids with their arms up.  Plus I've been trying to teach her to lift her arms when she wants to get up (out of her high chair or something similar).  Yesterday (1/19) we were reading her book and when I got to the arms up part she lifted her arms in the air!  Very cute.  She did it again twice today for my mom.

I've also been throwing a ball at her sometimes when we play to see if she'll catch it.  Today she caught it (and by caught it, I mean her arms were the correct distance apart where it didn't fall to the floor when I threw it at that exact spot) and threw it back to me.  Most of the throwing was her dropping it and it rolling to me, but one time she actually put a little muscle behind it.  Even when she misses catching it she gets a kick out of the ball being thrown.  It can hit her stomach or her noggin and she'll giggle.

I've taken a couple of new pictures, but don't have a cord for the camera right now so they'll have to wait.  I'll probably have one long picture post coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment