Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Who turned off the heat?

I've heard people say that you feel warmer when you're pregnant -- well not me! I have my trusty sweater at my desk, slippers for at home and I bundle up real good when I go outside because I get cold!

This past weekend we went up to Chicago to visit with family and friends. We beat the snow storm and the temps weren't too bad. I spent the weekend with my sister, mom and my sister's roommate while Sean hung out with a friend of his that lives in Chicago. Us girls did fun Christmas-y things while the boys did boy things, which if you care to know about, then you can ask Sean.

On Saturday the girls went to see The Snow Queen at Victory Gardens Theater, had a late lunch at Marcello's, and then spent a couple of hours at the Museum of Science and Industry. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we got kicked out at closing time. They had a bunch of Christmas trees decorated for different countries. They also had some cool exhibits, including one on the human body that included a display showing the stages of prenatal development. They had actual body parts, including fetuses, as part of the display, which was interesting to see, but at the same time a little weird, especially for those at the end of the pregnancy. It said they were all natural deaths (no abortions). Anyways, after that we just made ourselves some dinner and hung out. On Sunday we went into the city to the Christkindlmarket. They had a bunch of amazing crafts and ornaments - some were really expensive, but others were pretty reasonably priced. They also had a bunch of food stands, but we just got some hot cider and wine. I got cider, but the wine smelled really good...

The baby's latest trick is bouncing on my bladder. I've always wondered how people know when they say that their baby is hitting or kicking a certain organ (like a bladder), well now I know. You really can feel it! Again I'm sure this is one of those things that will get old as the baby gets bigger. Like kicking. Although it's very comforting to me to feel the baby active and moving, at the same time it's annoying when I'm trying to go to sleep. :) But if it stopped, then I'd start to worry so I don't want the baby to stop, but at the same time sometimes I do. It's kind of a vicious cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment