Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey, shopping and crazy moves

We visited Sean's family over the Thanksgiving weekend and had a fun time. Thanksgiving was spent at our brother and sister in law's place. All I had to do was make a couple pies and show up. It was great! Jennifer and Carol did an awesome job making all the food; everything was super yummy.

Sean and me checking out the flyers for the Friday sales before dinner. The TV also had the football game on, but as the Lions got further and further behind we watched less and less. They looked so promising in the beginning, but then it all fell apart...

Sean and me in the same spot with full bellies after dinner. I had to wait at least 3 hours before I was hungry enough for pie.

Friday was spent looking at cribs and dressers for the baby. We didn't go super early and didn't hit too many big crowds. We found a crib we like that isn't too expensive, looks good, and seems well made. The dresser search wasn't quite such a success. We found one we liked, but it was really expensive. Some of the others were small or not well made. So I think we need to look more at furniture stores for just a normal dresser since we don't want a "kids" dresser, but something that can last and the kid can grow into.

Saturday I went to the Holiday Craft Show in the morning and we just hung out in the afternoon. We also got some used baby stuff from some friends, which is awesome. Sunday we drove home and now we're getting ready for Christmas. I got the tree up Sunday night and the rest of the decorations on Monday and Tuesday. I love how festive it feels. We still need to start Christmas shopping and I want to send out cards again. So much to do!

Today I was sitting at work on a conference call and the baby was kicking so I looked down and I could see my stomach move. It was so cool (well to me anyways). I'm sure as the baby gets bigger this will happen more and more, but this is the first time I've actually seen my belly move when the baby kicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment