Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Unplanned Events

I was really tired on Thursday (5/27) so Sean hung out with Fiona and me while his parents went with Charlie and Dorothy to Dead Horse Point State Park.  After lunch we walked down to the Moab Diner to get some ice cream and stopped in a few shops on the way back.  My stomach was bothering me a little as we were walking back, but I thought it was the way Fiona was positioned in the pouch.  Boy was I wrong.  Sometime between 4 and 5 o'clock Sean and I both got sick (i.e. vomiting) and by 6 o'clock we were on our way to the emergency room because we were getting dehydrated.   The ER was full, but after I got sick in the lobby they found a room for us and started us on some IVs.  Carol had stayed behind with Fiona, but once she started screaming inconsolably they came to the ER also to have Fiona checked out.

It turned out that Fiona was fine however they did weigh her as part of her check-in/exam; she weighed 12 pounds, 1 ounce.  They said she might be a little colicky, but I think it was gas that the altitude made worse.  I was released by 11PM, but Sean stayed until 7AM the next morning.  Plus while we were there Carol got sick, but not enough to need an IV.  The doctor diagnosed us with the stomach flu, which I'm betting we got from a food worker that didn't wash their hands.

So we spent all day Friday recovering and then Saturday we had to leave to drive home.  It's too bad our vacation got cut short by a day and a half.  I guess we'll just have to go back again next year.  :)

The drive out of Moab on SR128.

The end of a long trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment