Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 15, 2012

November Recap

Things have gotten really busy here over the past month so I've fallen a little behind on the blog posts.  Since Veteran's Day weekend we've celebrated Thanksgiving, shopped for Christmas gifts, gotten new furniture and the house almost ready for the baby, visited with friends around town, put up the Christmas decorations and Fiona's almost completely potty-trained.

Fiona started wearing big-girl underwear on Veteran's Day weekend.  I had a three day weekend, so I was able to remind/tell her a lot to try to go.  She did so good, with only one daytime accident, that we kept her in underwear from that point on except for naps and bedtime.  Over the past month she now 1) tells us when she needs to go, especially when we're not at home, 2) will go on her own at home, and tell us "don't come in here.  I'm going potty." and 3) wears underwear and stays dry for naps.  We're still working on overnight, but most mornings her diaper is dry so it's just a matter of time.  We still remind her to try if it's been awhile, but she seems to understand the concept now, which makes me so happy.

We had a nice houseful for Thanksgiving.  Bob and Carol, Chris, Jennifer and Caitlin, and Bob's cousin Mary, her daughter Angie (Sean's second cousin), and Angie's son Logan (Fiona's third cousin) all came over.  Everything turned out great.  Caitlin and Logan had fun playing together.  Fiona was a little shy, but warmed up towards the end of the visit.  After dinner Sean put a DVD of an old Fleetwood Mac concert that the kids enjoyed dancing to.


The day after Thanksgiving Fiona and I did a little shopping before lunch, and then after lunch and her nap we put up the Christmas tree.  I have two trees: a bigger one that goes in the living room and a smaller one that I put up some years.  This year the smaller tree became Fiona's tree to decorate, so after she helped me decorate the bottom half of the big tree she picked about a dozen or so (pre-selected) ornaments to put on her little tree.



I was babysitting Caitlin one night (can't remember when exactly now) and she and Fiona had a really fun time climbing, bouncing, playing and jumping on Fiona's bed, which she still calls her Geeter Deeter.



Fiona's said/done a couple of funny and cute things over the past month including:
  • Telling us she was going to be a diaper bag for Halloween
  • Asking me "Why you bring the baby to work with you?"
  • Pretending to go trick or treating inside our house
  • Making Jingle Bells her favorite bedtime song.  She heard it on a movie at a friend's house and loves it.  
  • Being enthralled with trying on her new gloves, to the point where she'd entertain herself for at least 30 minutes with them


No comments:

Post a Comment