Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Belly Quakes

Here's me at 31 weeks - belly close-up. My shirt looks really short in this picture...putting my hand underneath my belly probably doesn't help...maybe I shouldn't do that. :)

I had another doctor's appointment today. It went really fast...everything is progressing normally. The doctor measured my belly and listened to the baby's heartbeat. He didn't mention that anything was off so I'm on track still for growth and weight gain. It took a little longer than usual (15 seconds vs 5-10) to find the baby's heartbeat; it was a little further to the left than usual, but it sounded really strong. The doctor even commented that the baby sounded happy. I'm going in every two weeks now for monitoring so I'll go back again in about 2 weeks.

We've gotten back into the usual routine after being gone for the holidays and then I was gone for a class last week also. The baby is active throughout the day, but it's more of a shifting or squirming than actual kicking. Or it's usually only a single kick. Then usually in the evening around dinner time or sometime after, the baby will have a kicking/punching spree. It's like a belly quake. Usually it's over before I want to go to sleep, but sometimes it isn't. Then every few days there's less activity. I haven't been figure out the pattern (if there is one).

About 2 months to go! I'm getting excited and can't wait to meet the baby, but at the same time, I don't feel ready so I'm perfectly fine waiting still.

No comments:

Post a Comment