Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rubber Ducky, you're the one

This past Sunday my mother-in-law and her mom hosted a shower for the baby and me in Michigan. So I got to fly up to my old stompin' ground and visit with family and friends that I haven't seen in a couple years.

This is a picture of the adorable diaper cake that Jennifer (my SIL) made. The frame next to it had a variety of pictures of me, Sean and the baby.

Here's the cake. The baby on the lily pad is actually made of rubber or some sort of rubbery plastic so I kept that as a souvenir to put in the baby's box o' stuff.

Here's a nice picture of me and Sean by the cake and balloons.

We got to visit with people as they were arriving and once everyone was there Sean left with his brother to do something non-girly. The restaurant we were at had really good food - we got to pick from a coconut crusted chicken salad, a Colorado chicken sandwich or a prime rib sandwich. I had the Colorado chicken sandwich and was very happy with my choice.

My friend Katie was able to make it and it was really great to catch up with her. Hard to believe it's been 2 years since I've been in Detroit! I did so much visiting that I ended up saving almost half my sandwich for later. It would've taken me another 20 minutes to finish it.

Once we were done eating, they brought out the cake. But instead of getting to eat my cake right away I got to open gifts. I was/am overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. Along with the usual baby gear, the baby got some wonderful handmade gifts, including a baby blanket, baby snuggie, knit stocking caps, customized onesies, a bunny bear blanket and a sock monkey. Those probably aren't the proper names, but that's how I can remember them. The baby also got a whole family of rubber duckies from different people. I can't wait to find out their names.

Then I got to eat my cake!

Before everyone started to leave, I got to play Vanna White (well sort of Vanna, maybe more a Price is Right model) and picked names out of the bowls for door prizes.

Below are some candid and some posed shots.

Amy, Carol, Iris and Karen looking good.

A nice shot of Ryanne and Jennifer.

Chris and Sean did make it back before the shower ended, but made sure to hang out in the back and keep their coats on in case a quick escape was necessary. :)

One of the few candid shots where people didn't have funny faces and it wasn't blurry. At the table on left clockwise is me (side of head), Grandma S., Bridgette, Sue, Darlene, Gloria (half hidden), Kelly, Marilyn, Nancy and Charlene. At the table on right clockwise is Amy, Peggy, Grandma M. (half hidden), Karen and Iris (back of head only). In the back is Chris, Sean and Lynn.

A group shot of Darlene, Jennifer, Chris, Grandma S., Carol, Marilyn and me.

I may get asked to remove this, but it's a really cute picture illustrating the similarities in how mother and daughter talk (take note of what's blurry and you should catch my drift).

Thank you Carol and Grandma for a wonderful shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment