Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Classes

I signed us up for a couple of classes through the hospital. The first one we went to was last week Wed evening (1/13) and it was for breastfeeding. I made him go with me so he can remember all the stuff that I forget and then he'll know when I ask him. I felt a little bad for making him go though because only one other guy was there. Oh well, I'm still glad he went. They showed a very detailed video (lots of boobies) and the nurse teaching the class talked about the benefits, some problems people have and some techniques. I found it very useful.

The other class we've gone to was this past Wed (1/20) and it was a first time parents class. They went over feeding, diapers, bathing, safety stuff, and a couple of other things. A pediatrician came in to give some info on how to find a pediatrician, signs of a sick baby and a couple of other things. She talked really fast though so I've forgotten a bunch of stuff already. Although I did take some notes. I didn't find this class to be useful - it was mostly common sense stuff.

There's one more class that I've signed up for...the prepared childbirth class. It'll be in Feb and that's were they actually go through went to expect when you go into labor, pain management options and some other stuff that I'll find out when we go. I think this one will be useful too since I've never had a baby before. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment