Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Little Sweet Pea

A week ago Saturday my sister, sister-in-law and cousin threw a baby shower for the baby (and me). We got off to a little late start thanks to the snow, but everyone made it safe and sound.

This is the diaper tower that they made for the baby. There were a couple of (beer) bottles inside for Sean also.

Here's a picture of the cake that Des made. I think it turned out great and tasted yummy. You can't see in this picture, but even the inside was green. :)

We started out by eating lunch and then played several different games throughout the afternoon. The first was one where all the guests picked a gift out of the pile except me. I was given a book - The Princess and the Pea - to read and everytime I said "pea" everyone had to pass their gift to the right. When the story was over everyone got to keep whatever gift they had. It was cute how the first person to pick was selected...everyone had a cloth diaper nametag that they opened and the person with the poopy diaper got to go first.

I'll try not to mess up the order of the games or forget any. If I do, Donna can make a comment and correct me. I think the next game was the one where we had to guess the baby pictures. There were 13 total and I think I got 3 right. It was really hard because the picture was only the head placed inside a little peapod baby graphic. I didn't even get my own right! I thought I was my brother.

This is a picture of me measuring myself with my guess for how many pieces of toilet paper it takes to go around my belly. I guessed it right on! So then no one else got to measure...I just counted how many pieces my guess was and then everyone else counted also. And I'm not telling what the correct answer was. :)

We had to guess which candy bar was smushed inside of each diaper. It was harder than I thought it'd be...a lot of them looked the same to me and I couldn't tell by smell.

We also got to taste some baby food (yum!?!). The first 4 were either plain fruits or veggies (carrots, peas, pears and green beans). I got the green beans right without even tasting them. The last two were mixtures. Only one person got the apple and chicken dinner right (not me) and no one got the mac and cheese right (which was gross).

The last game we played was a team event that had several steps (since having a baby is a team effort by the parents and has many, many steps). First one person on the team had to put together a puzzle upside down. I forgot to ask if this was because I used to do this as a kid.

The next person had to walk up and down the hall with a plastic egg on a spoon in their mouth and the last person had to open the egg and draw whatever was written on the paper with their eyes closed. Any extra people got to help the the rest of the team guess what the object was. The team with the fastest time was the winner. There were 4 teams total and the top 3 were within 3 seconds of each other...kinda weird.

The rest of the time was spent opening gifts and then the usual Minnesota good-bye. We played Baby Bingo during the gift opening. Everyone got a card to fill out with whatever gifts they thought would be opened and the first person to get Bingo won. Here's a picture of a book from Donna with different peek-a-boo animals including a guinea pig! Since guinea pigs are the coolest.

Here's a group picture.

Thanks Donna, Tracy and Pam for the fun shower! Also thanks Promyse for helping!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, the upside-down puzzle was inspired by how you used to do it!

Post a Comment