Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Sleeping in on a work day

I usually go to the doctor after work and then go straight home, but today I had a morning appointment and it worked out really well. I've been doing the afternoon appointments to minimize the amount of time that I need to take off work, but I actually didn't have to take any more time off today then I usually do. Plus, the appointment went much faster because they weren't backed up yet and I got to sleep in an extra half hour or so. My next one is in the afternoon again, but I'll try for the one after that to be in the morning.

My appointment was with Angela, the nurse practitioner, and I really like her. She's very easy to talk to and will mention extra little things. It's too bad she doesn't do any deliveries.

When she listened to the baby's heartbeat, it was in the 150s. She also measured my belly and said that's on track and so's my weight gain. And she showed me where the baby's head and butt are. The head is down and the butt is kind of to the side...so the baby's feet are towards my ribs, which explain the poking at my ribs.

I didn't have any complaints...well I do, but nothing major that would cause concern. I don't think my sore hips and back are unusual for someone carrying around an extra 20-25 pounds. Or the fact that I have trouble breathing after walking up stairs...maybe if the baby would give my lungs more room I wouldn't have this problem. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment