Yesterday Fiona had her first bath at home. They gave her one in the hospital right after she was born, but I could only watch. At home, I held her while Sean washed and rinsed her. I was so afraid of dropping her while he rinsed her, but we got 'er done. She didn't scream too much. I guess it's not fun being naked and wet.
We also had her first doctor's appointment yesterday. The on-call pediatrician at the hospital checked her out on Friday and Saturday, but our doctor is in another town so we brought her there for him to check her out also. I fed and changed her before we left so she was calm most of the time. They measured and weighed her again, asked us a bunch of questions about the pregnancy, delivery and our family histories, and the doc checked her eyes, mouth/throat, hips, breathing, heart and I think that's it. Everything checked out good. She has a little jaundice (they did her bili measurement at the hospital and it was normal), but nothing that needs treatment.
Weight: 8 lbs, 0 oz (she was 7 lbs, 15 oz when we left the hospital)
Length: 21 inches (I doubt she grew an inch and it's just how the nurse positioned her)





No comments:
Post a Comment