I had my 40 week appointment yesterday. It was supposed to be with the doctor, but they're still a doctor short so it was with the other nurse practitioner, Cindy, instead. She only works part-time so this was the first time I'd met her; she was very helpful and explained things well. This appointment went like all my previous ones. My weight and BP are still good, the baby's heartrate is about 130 (same as last time) and my belly is measuring 40 weeks. I'm still just over a cm dilated and about 80% effaced (sorry if TMI). She asked about contractions and I think I've finally figured out that the tightening in my belly are contractions, but they don't hurt and they have no pattern (Braxton Hicks). They want me to start doing kick counts twice a day now to make sure the baby's still moving around. The way this baby has been moving around lately that should be no problem.
So I have another appointment scheduled for next Monday (which hopefully I'll get to cancel) where they'll do a non-stress test to see how the baby's doing. I was really happy that they didn't try to push me into an induction since I haven't had any complications I'd like to wait for the baby to come on it's own. I'm not opposed if there's a medical reason, but as annoying as it is to wait, I think it'll be better for both me and the baby in the long run.
On the bright side I can use this time to catch up on some genealogy research that I've been putting off and won't have time for soon. Although I hate using up valuable leave now when I'd rather have more time with the baby later...

Here's one final picture of me on my due date...please ignore the messy hair.

And one with the belly.
1 comment:
Lori, you look amazing, so great! Never mind the messy hair... I can't remember the last time I did mine ;-)
-Tracey Quick
Post a Comment