We were able to get 10 people to church on time and made it through the mass and baptism without her crying or getting fussy. I did have to change and feed her between the end of mass and the baptism, which is what I think made her well behaved. She had a super cute new dress that her Aunt Bernie gave her. She also wore the same baptismal gown that I wore for my baptism.
I figure this is a good way to share the experiences of our kids with out-of-town family and friends.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Child of God
On Sunday Fiona was baptized as a member of the Catholic church in a separate ceremony after the 12:00 mass. It was really nice because she was the only one getting baptized so we were able to get lots of pictures and the ceremony didn't feel rushed at all.
We were able to get 10 people to church on time and made it through the mass and baptism without her crying or getting fussy. I did have to change and feed her between the end of mass and the baptism, which is what I think made her well behaved. She had a super cute new dress that her Aunt Bernie gave her. She also wore the same baptismal gown that I wore for my baptism.
Before church in her new dress - well fed, changed and ready to go
Blessing with the sign of the cross - this was done by Father, me, Sean, Donna, Chris, Grandma Carol and Grandma Rose (anyone was welcome to)
Father pouring the holy water - Fiona actually smiled as the water was being poured
Donna and Chris lighting the baptismal candle
Dad, Mom, Fiona, Godmother Donna, Godfather Chris and Father Larry
We were able to get 10 people to church on time and made it through the mass and baptism without her crying or getting fussy. I did have to change and feed her between the end of mass and the baptism, which is what I think made her well behaved. She had a super cute new dress that her Aunt Bernie gave her. She also wore the same baptismal gown that I wore for my baptism.


No comments:
Post a Comment