Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

A few of my favorite things

Bouncy Chair
Fiona still sleeps good at night and she's down to 2-3 feedings per night on most nights (between 9 & 10, 2 & 3 and 5 & 6), depending on your definition of night.  It was 3-4 previously.  She also takes one good nap (on her own), but lately she doesn't like to nap during the rest of the day unless we bounce her to sleep.  This makes her bouncy chair one of my favorite baby items.  Bouncing her in it calms her down and helps her go to sleep (for at least half an hour). We've learned how to use our feet to bounce her so we at least have our hands free.

She also slept in this at night during the first 2 weeks of her life.  

Fiona in her bouncy chair (4/18/10)

Pack n Play Changing Table
We have the pack n play set up in our room and use it as her crib at night.  It has a changing table attached that I honestly thought I would never use, but I liked the design so I registered for it anyways.  Well that changing table has come in so handy.  It makes changing her at night super convenient.  It also has raised sides and a vinyl (water proof) bottom that has saved our carpet from poop and pee stains on more than one occasion.

Waterproof Pads
I have a couple of different sizes of these and find them handy for protecting all sorts of different surfaces.  There's one in her crib that keeps her spit up off of the sheets, another in her pack n play that serves the same function and one in her diaper bag that we use as a changing pad if one's not available.

Boppy
The Boppy pillow helps make it easier to feed her by giving me a higher surface to rest my arms and her body on.  It's also useful for when Sean feeds her and sometimes we lean her against it so she can sit up more.

Large Flannel Blankets
We got a couple of handmade flannel blankets as a shower gift that are larger than the usual receiving blanket size and we use them all the time to cover her up and swaddle her.  Since they're bigger they cover her whole body and snuggle her tighter, which is really nice for at night and naptime.  We use the smaller ones for over her carseat or stroller, especially during the past week when it's been cool (50s-60s) and breezy.

Fiona wrapped up like a baby burrito with her daddy

Other news
I think Fiona's growth spurt has ended in the past day or so.  We weighed and measured her on Monday April 26th (for kicks and giggles) and she's 10-10.5 pounds and 22.5 inches long.  She's still eating good, but I can notice that it's a little less than the past week or two (duration and frequency).  While it's nice not having to feed her every hour and half or so during the day, it's also a little strange since that has now become the norm.  She's always keeping us on our toes.

We went to happy hour again yesterday and she was a little angel, unlike the week before were she was hungry and tired and we left after about 10 minutes.  Yesterday she fell asleep in her carseat as we were driving there and then slept about the first 45 minutes.  She was calm when she woke up even though her diaper was dirty.  We changed her diaper and then she hung out for another 45 minutes or so, content to be held and look around, before we left.  We brought a bottle of expressed milk just in case she got hungry because I'm still not comfortable nursing in public.  She was starting to act hungry while we were at the restaurant, but refused to drink the bottle.  I think I might have been too close to her.  By time we got home she was crying because she was hungry.  We tried to give her the bottle at home (so it wouldn't go to waste) and she took it fine when I was in the other room.

No comments:

Post a Comment