Age Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Put your hands in the air

(and wave them like you just don't ca-are)

Fiona sleeps best when she has her hands up by her head...I have no idea why, but it works so I make sure not to bundle her hands inside a blanket when I lay her down. Here are a couple of pictures that illustrate this point.

Even when I tuck her hands in the blanket she figures out a way to get them by her face

Here she's half awake and half asleep

A classic Fiona hands-up pose

She's actually sleeping with her hands mid air...not sound asleep, but sleeping nonetheless

Her daddy is challenging her to a fight since her dukes are up

She also likes to put her hands by her face and wave her arms around when she's awake; sometimes she kick her legs also. She's getting very good at lifting her head away from my body when I'm resting her against my shoulder. When she's on her tummy she'll turn her head from side to side a couple of times and move her arms and legs.

Fiona's 4 weeks today and sleeping about 2-3 hours at a time at night (3-4 hours between feedings). During the day her sleep and eating schedule is not quite so regular. She stays awake more now, but she's not always happy when she's awake. When she is happy we'll do a little tummy time, talk to her and/or interact with her. Her daddy likes to sit her up and move her around. When she is fussy sometimes I think it's because she's overstimulated and tired, but refuses to go to sleep. She's also been gassy lately so I think that makes her uncomfortable also. Once she does go to sleep after these fussy times, then she's out for a few hours. In general, she's been going about 1.5-3.5 hours between feedings during the day over the past 1.5 weeks. They say babies have a growth spurt between 3 and 4 weeks and with the amount she's been eating, I believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment